Saturday, June 11, 2011

Victorian England


I've finally made a choice as to the era my story will be set in. Now comes the fun part: research! I plan on finding out about various things during that time period, such as: music, hygiene, medicine, popular parlor games (no TV!), day-to-day meals and also what homes would have looked like (floor plan, cleanliness and all the nitty-gritty details).

Now it’s time to find books, music and possibly a few historians that I can interview. Another thing I like to have when I’m writing is pictures (of houses, fashion and other general things from that time). It keeps me focused (and can also give commonplace elements).

Now is where I ask you all, if you know of any good resources (books, websites, composers, etc.) that are distinctly Victorian, please comment! Also, in your comment, leave your favorite first name (male or female; Victorian or not) and I will work it into the final story and post it here.

No comments: