Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Middle of the Week

So here we are, its Wednesday and there are only 2 things on my mind. First, the beautiful sunrise shining in my patio door. The sun's golden orange glow is a welcome sight. The trees are fairly still after last nights thundershowers and the birds are greeting the day. I love this time of day. I have 20 minutes before I have to leave for my other job, so I can just relax and soak up the sun's rays for a few minutes.

The second thing on my mind this morning is getting to the store this evening to get a few spiral bound notebooks that I can write in during the day. I've missed having that opportunity at my other job. Granted, its not always brilliant writing, but ask any writer and you'll find we all write junk at times. That's how all writers improve. You don't talk about it, just sit down and write.

I have been far too lenient on myself lately when it comes to writing. I've been allowing procrastination and my XBox 360 get the better of me. That is going to stop today. I have made a commitment to sit and write from 5pm to 6pm during the week and on weekends it will be no different, but it will most likely be earlier in the day when my mind is fresher.

So this morning, I will leave you all a link to one of my new favorite blogs: GrammarBlog. If you thought you'd never find bad grammar humorous, I suggest you think again.

No comments: