Sunday, November 15, 2009

Playing Catch Up Again

I didn't write a single word yesterday, so my goal today is to pace myself. I've been writing in 30 minute increments and then taking 10 minute stretch breaks. It's working well so far, I've banged out 1,708 words in about an hour. It I keep it up, I should have close to 6800 words in the next four hours. That would bring my grand total over 25,000 words.

It's the halfway point of the month today, so no matter what I need to hit 25,000 words. I go back to work tomorrow, so most of my writing will be done in the early evening this week. I still have a hard time believing I'm still going with my word count, especially since I probably will never get this manuscript published. It just feels good to get writing and use my imagination.

Update: I hit the 25,000 word mark around lunchtime. Now that I'm caught up, I'm taking the rest of the night off.

No comments: