Thursday, April 29, 2010

Timed Writing and a Personal View

Big Shocker that my timed writing session flew right out the window. I'm planning on moving my computer into our bedroom in the next week or 2 so I can separate myself from the XBox...and also because if I'm listening to music while writing, I don't want to be competing for volume with my boyfriend.

and now, for something that really needs to be said:

Things between my sister, mom and brother-in-law have been stewing and boiling over way too much lately. I am in agreement that changes need to be made, especially with the fact that my sister is continuously shoved in the middle of the constant "battle" between the other 2. I think that things have been said on both sides that were unnecessary.

It seems to me that my sister feels like she's being torn in 2 and on the verge of being forced to choose...her mom or her husband. Personally, I refuse to take sides on the issue. There are things I don't like about my brother-in-law sure, but does that mean that I'm going to put my sister in the middle...absolutely not.

I let my mother and sister both vent to me, so I get at least 2 of the 3 sides in this story (which is why I will not pick a side). There are always 2 (or more) sides to every tale and it seems to me that others are blinded and see only their own view.

As I commented on my sister's blog from Monday, I think we should lock the two in a room together until they sort out (most of) their animosity towards each other. I hate seeing my family at odds with each other because I love them all dearly.

End Rant

1 comment:

Karen said...

Thanks so much for your support. I do feel that if things continue this way, it will not end well for anyone. It is good to have a neutral party there to lend an ear! Thanks again!